[PREV<<<<][FIRST][HOME][MY BOOK][>>>>NEXT]
Dr. Travis Beck
It's not every day that I get a chance to do a portrait at all, let alone in a controlled setting (i.e. I have some control over lighting and wardrobe as well as pose), so when my mother-in-law asked me to take a picture of my brother-in-law Travis, I wasn't quite sure how good a job I'd be able to do (especially with my limited equipment). But I think I did a pretty good job here. Travis will be receiving his PhD in exercise physiology next Saturday, May 5, hence the reason for the photo (to put an announcement in the local newspapers). Congratulations!

Obviously, it will be in black and white in the paper itself, so here are two black and white versions, the better one and the more straight-forward one.

IMG_7973 - bw IMG_7973 - bw centered

Dr. Travis Beck

2 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

Very good portrait. Not stilted, hopefully captures some of the subjects personality.

I hate doing portraits, especially self portraits. Possibly one of the most difficult subjects to tackle well.

6:02 PM, April 25, 2007  
Blogger Full Metal Attorney said...

It is tough--because you don't just have to make a good picture, but you have to make the subject happy. Sometimes tough to do both at the same time.

8:49 AM, April 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

[HOME]