[PREV<<<<][HOME][MY BOOK][GALLERY][>>>>NEXT]
Burn
This image was taken with a Shur-Fine camera (Shur-Fine is a trademark used by Affiliated Foods Midwest, a grocery distributor based out of Norfolk, Nebraska). The camera had been sitting in the glove compartment of my car for a couple of years, and was loaded with 800 ISO generic film; the combination of those two factors explains the overall fogginess of all the shots I got out of it. I opened up the back of the camera before I started shooting, and this was the first frame, hence the cool burning effect at the top.

Burn

2 Comments:

Blogger Kath Lockett said...

Great shot, Kelly. Don't they say that the best pictures (or inventions, or meals or songs etc) come from happy accidents?

Oh wait, maybe they meant kids...

9:20 PM, March 11, 2008  
Blogger Full Metal Attorney said...

Thanks!

I'll tell you this much: I've never thrown away a good picture just because it's accidentally better than I intended.

The use of the old, damaged film was certainly intentional (as well as the grime on the lens), but I didn't think at all about the burning at the top. I might use that intentionally in the future.

8:06 AM, March 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

[HOME]