[PREV<<<<][FIRST][HOME][>>>>NEXT]
Harvesting Corn I
Welcome to another theme week here at Full Metal Photographer. This time, I'll be following the steps of corn harvesting that my father-in-law goes through every year for about three months straight, at least twelve hours a day (on average). This is only a small part of the process of farming, and it won't even consider the process of taking it to grain elevators to sell. He also harvests some other crops, including soy beans and milo, but corn generally comes first for him.

This is the first and most obvious step, going through the field with a combine to gather up all the corn. I rode with him on one trip around, and with the excellent yields he's been getting this year he was only able to go about three-and-a-half miles per hour (some people are too rushed with harvesting, so they miss a lot of the crop in their hurry).

All of the pictures in the series will have a similar color treatment, so I hope you like it. I might post some extra pictures on the last day with normal-looking color.

(And so what if I lied about waiting until Tuesday to post again? Late Monday is the same thing, practically, and you should be happy).

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Harvesting Corn I

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this photo! Nice work

12:05 PM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger Full Metal Attorney said...

Thanks!

9:03 AM, October 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this one! I liked the ute one as well (driving in between fields). Wide open spaces.

9:55 PM, October 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

[HOME]