[PREV<<<<][FIRST][HOME][>>>>NEXT]
Delbert D. Schamp
I hope you'll join me this Veterans' Day in remembering our veterans, those who have fallen in battle defending our country throughout more than two centuries, those who have been imprisoned, those who returned home as changed men, and all those who have fought for our country's freedom.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself
--John Stuart Mill

This day is dedicated to those "better men."

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Delbert D. Schamp

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a picture of my great uncle's tombstone. Thank you for posting it so that people can see it and remember that he gave his life protecting our great nation!

Kristina Schamp

5:22 PM, December 02, 2006  
Blogger Full Metal Attorney said...

That's great! I had no expectation that his relatives would ever see this picture. I just thought it was a nice picture to take and to share on Veterans' Day.

I too had a great uncle who was lost in World War II, but I believe that was in the Pacific theater. I think he was a belly gunner on a bomber. He is my father's namesake.

8:35 PM, December 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

[HOME]