[PREV<<<<][FIRST][HOME][>>>>NEXT]
Twin Lens Reflex
This is my new toy, a Yashica MAT - 124, Copal S-V. It's an old-school twin lens reflex, medium format camera, which means it uses 120 film (6cm wide) and the viewfinder shows what the top lens sees, but reversed left to right (quite difficult to get used to) and the bottom lens takes the pictures. The one thing I can't figure out how to do is to get the light meter to work. I replaced the battery, but I still can't figure it out. If anyone has any idea (and no, pressing the shutter release down partway doesn't do it) please let me know. It could be that the shutter release is it and that it's just broken, but I'm not sure.

Here are a few other pictures of it:

Yashica Copal-SV

Yashica MAT - 124 Yashica MAT - 124 (open)

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Twin Lens Reflex

1 Comments:

Blogger Full Metal Attorney said...

I did replace the battery, but I think you're right that it's the wrong kind of cell. Or perhaps the meter is broken. The contacts look good, but the problem is probably that the new battery isn't the right kind of chemical. I did do some research a little bit a go and it appears that the meter is supposed to work when the hood is opened. I might have to invest in a handheld meter, but for now I can use my digital camera as a light meter. I'll just have to wait until I get my prints back to see how well that worked.

10:06 AM, November 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

[HOME]