[PREV<<<<][FIRST][HOME][>>>>NEXT]
Robert A Hendricks
I like this picture because it reminds me of the cover of Metallica's album Master of Puppets, which is undoubtedly the greatest metal album of all time.

Also, I entered it in the current Farktography contest, the theme: graves.

And don't forget to put in your nominations for The 2006 Photobloggies. Gosu is a shoe-in for the best African photoblog. I nominated myself for best new photoblog, but it says that counts for only those that started in 2005. I wonder if starting in 2006 counts, or if I'll have to wait for next year?

Robert A. Hendricks

4 Comments:

Blogger Full Metal Attorney said...

Thanks Jem!

I didn't do anything with it in Photoshop. I used Kodak's standard C-40 processed 400-speed black-and-white film (because it's cheap) and I just had it processed at Target, I think. The prints from that kind of film often come out with a bluish, greenish, or purplish tint to them, and I since I don't have a negative scanner I don't really mess with them much. On this image I don't think the purple detracts too much, because it's kind of an eerie color for an eerie scene (especially with that statue in the background looking a bit like a ghost).

It's also worth noting that after I took a photography class in 2002 I stopped shooting until October of 2004. This was actually on the second or third roll of 24 that I shot after picking up the camera again, so it seems I didn't lose too much of my eye for it.

11:27 AM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger Full Metal Attorney said...

Actually, if I would have 'shopped it I would have made sure you couldn't read any of the tombstones at all, because the anonymity of it would be great. The image already has a lot of that. Maybe I need to get a negative scanner so I can do that kind of stuff (I'm not too thrilled with the regular scanner here at school).

11:29 AM, April 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing the emotions that are aroused from a photo like this...at least for me. Thank you for sharing it.

Blessings,

Shirley

5:12 PM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger Christopher Trottier said...

Actually, this reminds me of Night of the Living Dead (as obvious as that sounds).

1:24 AM, April 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

[HOME]