[PREV<<<<][FIRST][HOME][GUEST BLOGGER'S HOMEPAGE][>>>>NEXT]
lostinpixels
Today's guest blog shot is kind of a fancy-schmancy fine art shot. Great job on it! I just want to say how every time I post one of these guest blogs it both discourages and inspires me. They inspire me because they're always great ideas and creative shots. They discourage me though, because I start to think that these people are much better photographers than I am. Is it just a difference in style, or are they really that much better than me? Anyway, here's what the guest blogger had to say:
1. Your URL: http://www.lostinpixels.hu/

2. Technical information for the shot: Taken with a Nikon D70 using my
50mm F/1.8D lens at 1/500sec, F/2.2, ISO 200.

3. Any stories about the shot/explain the subject matter or how you
took the shot: I did not have to go too far for this picture, I found it
in our garden. I was waiting until the sun made a nice backlighting and
choosing a large apperture to blur the background.

4. Your photographic philosophy: I'm not sure I've got one. Photography
is simply a way to express myself and my photoblog is the tool to show
that to others. It has become a major passion for me I really can't
imagine my life without taking pictures.

5. The method to your madness: Photoblogger's first and most important
rule: always have your camera with you... :) According to that I
usually have a camera nearby to take pictures when something catches my eye.
Sometimes I'm going to take photos with friends or members of the
budapest photoblogger community.

6. How you got into photography, and any exciting or interesting
experiences involving photography: I started taking photos with digital
cameras almost 4 years ago but lately I'm very much interested in film
cameras and experimental photography too. I've got about 7-8 film cameras
including a two toycameras and two pinhole cameras (and a dSLR of
course). I wish I only had more time to take pictures with them... I never
though that once I'll become such a photo maniac :)

7. What is your ultimate dream and/or realistic goals with photography?
My goals are quite simple, I'd like to continue getting as much fun
from photography as I get now. I don't want to make a living from my work,
seeing a bit more of my pictures in print would be fair enough for me
for the future.

8. Anything else you want to add: Thanks for being your guest blogger!

Guest Blog: Lost in Pixels

3 Comments:

Blogger Serena said...

that picture is fantastic!

10:44 AM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger adaminaustralia said...

I'm certainly unqualified to judge, let alone compare, the merits of peoples' photography, but you certainly have had a number of very talented individuals guest-blogging for you.

But even if it turns out they are better than you, that's no reason to be discouraged - in fact, you should be encouraged that you have a high standard to reach for, and that if you keep at it you can someday be that good.

7:04 PM, May 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

khorbin is right, you will always find photographers who might seem to be better, i try to consider them as inspiration. I think that photoblogging is a great tool (for photo enthusiastics) to learn from others and develop your own skills by taking photos regurarly.

6:26 AM, May 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

[HOME]