[PREV<<<<][FIRST][HOME][GUEST BLOGGER'S HOMEPAGE][>>>>NEXT]
atlanta_0016_750px
I'm really excited about today's guest blog, because I've been a big fan of his work since before I even started my own photoblog. You might say he was one of my inspirations for starting it. Here's what he had to say.
1. Your URL (obviously) : http://www.ottokphotography.com/
2. Technical information for the shot : Taken with my Canon 20D using my 35mm tilt-shift lens in manual mode.
3. Any stories about the shot/explain the subject matter or how you took the shot : I recently purchased a tilt-shift lens after becoming enamored of tilt-shift images on other photoblogs. I live in Atlanta, GA, and have been meaning to take a picture of downtown for some time. After coming back from brunch one weekend morning with a friend, I finally decided to take some photos of downtown on a bridge near where we were. Utilizing a sideways tilt with the lens, this is one of the pictures that I took.
4. Your photographic philosophy : I think I'm still developing my philosophy. I don't like taking just one type of photos (macros, landscapes, nature, cityscapes, etc.). I recently purchased a Holga with a Polaroid back and have been having a lot of fun with it. I am also becoming quite interested in selective focus (using my tilt-shift and Lensbaby lenses).
5. The method to your madness : I'm not sure that there is a method. Sometimes, I will go out and photograph whatever catches my eye. Other times, I will go out with a specific shot in mind.
6. How you got into photography, and any exciting or interesting experiences involving photography : I've been photographing my travels for a long time, but I was finding that I kept hitting the limits of my Canon G2 digital camera's reach and capabilities. Last year before going on a hiking trip in the Canadian Rockies (a place where I had been before and knew that I would hit the limits of my camera again), I decided to take the plunge and buy a digital SLR--it helped that I had just gotten my work bonus. :-) Not long after that, I discovered the world of photoblogging and decided to start my own. So far it has been a very rewarding and exciting experience. I have learned a lot from posting my photos and getting feedback on them and have been inspired daily by visiting other photoblogs.
7. What is your ultimate dream and/or realistic goals with photography? Ultimate dream? To start selling some of my images one day.
8. Anything else you want to add: Thanks for asking me to be a guest. :-)

Guest Blog: Lenscape: Ottok Photography

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is lovely - great subject for the tilt-shift shot, and it's nice to see this done properly, the fake tilt-shift effect has been so overdone, and just doesn't look as cool as the real thing.

4:39 PM, May 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

[HOME]