[PREV<<<<][FIRST][GUEST BLOGGER'S HOMEPAGE][HOME][>>>>NEXT]
Cowgate1
I have a new guest blogger here at FMPhoto, and it's Mr. Zero, who has a lot of great shots at his site. Here's what he had to say:
1. Your URL
http://mrzero.co.uk

2. Technical information for the shot
Taken with a Canon 350D, kit lens at 18mm, 1/100s, f/3.5, ISO 400.

3. Any stories about the shot/explain the subject matter or how you took the shot
This shot was taken in Edinburgh's Cowgate, a long, narrow & fairly ugly street. Even ugly streets have places of interest or beauty though, and I can never resist either arches or perspective shots. Give me both combined and I'm sold.

4. Your photographic philosophy
I'm still fairly new to photography, so I feel like I'm still finding my way. I figure if a shot looks really good to me, then somebody else is probably going to like it too.

5. The method to your madness
There's no method, really! I generally wander around with my camera and take lots of shots of things that I think look good. When I get them onto the computer I filter out the good from the bad. It can be a bit hit and miss, but it seems to work ok for me. I'm trying to improve the first part of the process now so I have more good shots to choose from when I get them out of the memory card.

6. How you got into photography, and any exciting or interesting experiences involving photography
In the past I only ever had cheap point-and-shoot film cameras that I used for holiday snaps and the like, and I was never too fussed about the end result. I got a Fuji S304 digital camera a couple of years ago that I didn't really use much until I stumbled across a great photoblog - Daily Dose Of Imagery - that opened my eyes to what good photography could be. I started to take my camera out more & more, and really enjoyed thinking more about what I was doing with it. I decided I wanted to buy a better camera, but I knew if I was going justify spending the money, I'd have to use it a lot. I started my photoblog before I got my Canon 350D, but it was already with the intention that I couldn't allow myself to get lazy and not bother taking photos if I felt uninspired. As it turned out I really enjoy taking my camera out most days anyway, I live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world and am never short of inspiration. Every time I don't have my camera with me I kick myself for missed opportunities, so now I try to take it with me whenever I can.

7. What is your ultimate dream and/or realistic goals with photography?
I don't think I have a goal, other than just to try and improve on what I'm already doing. I already have a job doing something completely different that I enjoy, so for me it's a great hobby, and that's probably how it will stay.

8. Anything else you want to add
I think the current photoblog movement is one of the most inspirational things a photographer could have these days. Every morning I check out about 50 blogs, and that number grows all the time. It's amazing to be able to get such an insight into other lives, other countries and other cultures.
And I guess I should add that I really love this picture, and everyone should check out his photoblog. I really like it!

Guest Blog: Mr. Zero

1 Comments:

Blogger Full Metal Attorney said...

I can't believe nobody's commented. I'd just like to say that this is a classic composition, and it's classic for a reason: it's very pleasing to the eye. And in this case, it was very well done!

11:02 AM, May 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

[HOME]